2019 Business Survey Results
As we continue the recovery process from Hurricane Harvey, it is essential the Chamber continues to take checkpoints of area business activity from the owner and manager perspective. The goal is to continue monitoring needs, sentiments and expectations of our recovering business community which can lead to potential assistance solutions.
The prevailing concensus reveals we are recovering, but still face many challenges today. Our local business community has shown extraordinary resilience and clearly is looking forward to a full recovery of our economy.
Key Takeaways for 2019 :
- The survey sample is about 10% of the local business population; it is representative of the business community.
- Despite the extent of property damage, over 93% of Aransas County businesses have reopened.
- While some businesses are in fact performing better or hiring more staff now than before Harvey, the majority of them are facing the challenges of falling sales, a reduced customer base, and staffing needs.
- Business conditions and the overall local economy are recovering, but the majority of respondents expects full recovery to occur no sooner than 2021.
- More than half of local businesses are in need of a plan for the next disaster.
If you have any questions regarding the 2019 Business Assessment Survey, please contact the Glenn Gomez at the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce at 361-729-6445 or firstname.lastname@example.org .