Hurricane Harvey Fund
Here is a quick update on progress being made in Aransas County in Long Term Recovery as it relates to individual assistance:
· A preliminary and tentative 2018 budget has been approved. A search is underway for an Executive Director. A grant has been provided for this hiring.
· A very well attended General Meeting represented by stakeholders from across the Coastal Bend was held. There is clearly good progress being made and many groups are coming forward offering assistance in the rebuilding process.
· In addition, Case Managers and a Case Manager Coordinator, has been hired and have been in training. They have all been hired to grants. Three Case Managers will be located at Charter Bank here in Rockport.
· Coastal Bend Disaster Recovery Group has its own offices now at 111 N. Odem, Suite 4 in Sinton. Part time administrative person can be reached at 361-364-4881.
· The Case Management flyer below should help communicate and lay out the process and eligibility criteria.
· Funds of $1.2 million-plus have been approved for transfer from the Rockport-Fulton Chamber Foundation, Inc. to the Coastal Bend Community Foundation and placed in a restricted account to be disbursed solely to Aransas County residents who qualify at the Unmet Needs Table.
Make a Contribution - This is the community wide repository for the Hurricane Harvey effort. Please make a note in your contribution box if you want the funds directed to the Humanitarian effort, Business Redevelopment and/or Community Cleanup/Beautification effort. Click here.
Long Term Recovery Contact Information:
Under the direction of Mike Koerner, Aransas County Long Term Recovery, Director
For Sequence of Slides Describing the Long Term Recovery Process, click here.
Coastal Bend Disaster Recovery Group Process here.