Fishing & Hunting
Fishing Guides, Kayak, Excursions
June 2021 - Important News Release - Cedar Bayou Restrictions
Photos by Larry Bozka
Public Fishing Aransas County Navigation District Harbor Master, Keith Barrett states “Fishing is phenomenal Even those people who are not fishing from a boat have been reporting better than average catches.” Barrett says,
Fishing piers and shore fishing spots
- Fulton Harbor Pier has been newly reconstructed and is now open. $5 feee. 4 pole per person limit.
- Copano Causeway pier is permanently closed but dishing is still available at the ramp.
- Breakwater Piers on the South side of Rockport Beach and at the end of Market are free, lighted, open and great places to fish
- Rockport Beach North pier and Leggett Channel are also available with a paid beach pass (through the entrance booth located at the north end. Beach Fees are $5 per Day or $20-year Beach pass.
- The Rockport Harbor seawall is a popular fishing spot as well as the shoreline at Little Bay.
- The Bulkhead at Fulton Harbor, Copano bay Kayak Site at Airport Rd, Howard Murph Park on 1781 and The Copano Causeway Boat Launch are also good spots.
- Goose Island State Park offers shoreline fishing along the bayfront on the righthand side of the island. Wade or kayak fishing is also available. Goose Island is located on Park Road 13 off Hwy 35 N in Lamar.
- Many Hotel/Motels, Cottages, and RV parks have their own walk-on piers for the use of their guests.
Barrett says, “Fishing is easy on the wallet and a great way to break away from the electronic world. Record numbers of Drum, Trout and Redfish have been caught in our local waters. The harbors and marinas of the Rockport-Fulton area are well-maintained by the Aransas County Navigation District.
Copano Causeway Ramp and Boat Launch,
Rockport Beach Park,
Cove Harbor Marina,
Goose Island State Park
St Charles Bay Ramp
“We have made great strides in building back our launch sites after Hurricane Harvey,” states Harbormaster Keith Barrett. The most active boat launch site is Cove Harbor Marina accounting for 75 percent of all boat launches. . The majority of the launch sites are maintained by the Aransas County Navigation District. Those sites are: Copano Causeway Ramp and Boat Launch, Rockport Beach Park, Fulton Harbor and Cove Harbor Marina. Other public and private sites are available as well
Remember... you must have a fishing license and a salt water stamp to go fishing and crabbing.
For more information call 1-800-242-0071.