Leadership Aransas County Class Projects
Years of Community Service!
The Leadership Aransas County Program is designed to create a cadre of citizens who, over a 10-month period, gain an understanding of the innerworkings of our community and develop leadership skills at the same time. It is designed to identify and cultivate individuals with the interest and potential to serve in our community's many leadership roles. For more information on the program, contact the Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Rockport-Fulton Chamber Foundation, Inc. handles the Class Project side of the program. Here is a list of the projects to date performed by each class over the years:
- Class I, II & III - In later years, collected donations to purchase the fun historical questions for the tile floor at the Visitor Center.
- Class IV - Collected donations and purchased a bench at the Community Aquatic Pool.
- Class VI – Coordinated a promotion campaign to encourage everyone to put (Lamar), (Rockport) and (Fulton) beside the street name when addressing mail in our community.
- Class VII – Developed a Speaker Circuit of our community leadership and posted it to the web
- Class VIII – Created a Booklet on services in Aransas County
- Class IX – Painted the fence and landscaped the entry way for Camp Aranzazu
- Class X – Designed and Planted a Native Plant Garden in front of the ACISD administration office
- Class XI – Participated with Habitat for Humanity to landscape and help build a home in South Rockport
- Class XII – Designed and created a Community Sign on the Festival Grounds
- Class XIII – Designed and created the front signage for the Aquarium at Rockport Harbor and contributed toward the inside tanks
- Class IVX – Sold bricks to revive Shell Crete Park
- Class XV – Held Operation Resurrection giving a facelift to Veteran’s Memorial Park
- Class XVI – Designed and built the Dog Park
- Class XVII – Designed and built the Gazebo at the History Center
- Class XVIII – Helped with Historical Marker refurbishment, painting the Fulton Schoolhouse Museum and the Memorial at Veterans Park for the fallen RFHS Graduates.
- Class IX - Refurbished Tiger Field with new fence, new paint and new lighting.
- Class XX - Refurbished Spencer Park
- Class XI - Refurbished the fence at the Rockport Cemetery