Rockport, Texas named a “Top 10 Coastal Art Colony” in the United States.
-- Coastal Living Magazine
Click on the logo above to view the video that the Texas Cultural Trust Organization
has compiled about the Amazing Art Community in Rockport-Fulton!
- Rockport-Fulton is one of the most unique coastal art communities in the United States
- Aransas County has been an Art Colony since the late 1800's, with over 300 artists living here today
- Simon Michael, a world traveler born of a Phoenician-Syrian-Lebanese family, opened the 'Fulton School of Painting' in 1948
- Al Barnes, Herb Booth, and Steve Russell are nationally recognized sporting and wildlife artists
- Jesus Bautista Moroles, 2008 awarded the National Medal of Arts by President Bush, 2007 Texas Visual Artist of the Year, and one of the most recognized visionary sculptors in the world, has his foundry in Rockport
- Many art galleries are open to intrigue you with coastal and wildlife art, contemporary abstract artwork, and select Texas Modernist art
- Rockport Center for the Arts, comprised of three art galleries, workshops, a gift shop and a Sculpture Garden on Aransas Bay, has been open since 1983
- On July 4th weekend in Rockport Center for the Arts hosts theRockport Art Festival, one of the largest juried art festivals in the U.S.
- One of the wildest places in America, Aransas National Wildlife Refuge, is a 59,000 acre refuge which offers extraordinary photographic experiences
- This is why Rockport-Fulton is truly a Premier Art Destination!